Sculpted by Jacob Fjelde from life when he visited the famous Norwegian dramatist in 1885, the work was cast in bronze in an edition of three after Fjelde came to America.  Located in Como Park, the sculpture had deteriorated and in a harrowing tale of intrigue, was stolen from the Park.  It was recovered, restored, and reinstalled by Public Art Saint Paul in 1999.



Public Art Saint Paul
351 Kellogg Blvd E, Saint Paul, Minnesota 55101
651.290.0921
www.publicartstpaul.org